Rear window up but not down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window up but not down!

I'm having a problem with rear window, in that it won't go down either on the key or from inside, without a fairly firm helping hand. It drops an inch or so, then stops, and the motor just whines. I then need to force it down by hand, really quite hard the last 6 inches or so. It then goes up absolutely fine, on both key and from inside. I've silicone lubricated the runners, along with all other accessible moving parts to no avail.

Is it new motor / relay time or perhaps something less expensive
    If you play with fire.....

Originally posted by bu5hwack3r View Post
    I'm having a problem with rear window, in that it won't go down either on the key or from inside, without a fairly firm helping hand. It drops an inch or so, then stops, and the motor just whines. I then need to force it down by hand, really quite hard the last 6 inches or so. It then goes up absolutely fine, on both key and from inside. I've silicone lubricated the runners, along with all other accessible moving parts to no avail.

Is it new motor / relay time or perhaps something less expensive
    Probably the motor, take the covers off the tailgate and have a look.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Check the wiring loom

Close the tailgate with all the covers off then get someone to operate the window while you watch it going down.

Mine used to catch on one of the bits of the loom, had no problems since I cable tied the offending wires out of the way.
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
      X