yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Warning Lights On & Warning Beep - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Warning Lights On & Warning Beep - Help!

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me please? I have a 1992 2.4 diesel Surf which I have owned for about a month & am thoroughly impressed with. Yesterday in the rain all my dash warning lights illuminated (a/t fluid, timing belt, battery, diesel filter, turbo light) accompanied with an alarming constant beeeeep. The car runs & drives as normal but its driving me crazy. I have had the instrument panel out, disconnected the batteries to no avail. I'm assuming water has got in somewhere but after being dry all day it is still doing it. Is there some kind of control box or connection somewhere that could be causing it? Thanks for taking the time to read my first post : )

If all lights on the dash are lit suspect the alternator.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

get a big stick and give your alternator a bash , it worked for me
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Thanks guys, I will try that tomorrow. To add to it, when I go sharp around a corner it all goes back to normal for a few seconds but then its back to doing it again. I will belt it very hard & hope for the best tomorrow! Could it be the rain or was that just coincedence? Thanks again for taking the time to reply - Darren : )

Comment

Originally posted by igot1ofthem! View Post
          Thanks guys, I will try that tomorrow. To add to it, when I go sharp around a corner it all goes back to normal for a few seconds but then its back to doing it again. I will belt it very hard & hope for the best tomorrow! Could it be the rain or was that just coincedence? Thanks again for taking the time to reply - Darren : )
          Give it a good dose of WD40 first
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Alternatooor!

Thanks guys, yes I believe it to be the alternator as I lost charge yesterday. Hope that helps anyone else with the same prob! I just ordered one from ebay so hopefully will sort the problem with this otherwise superb truck. I moved from a SWB Shogun over to a Surf & other than this hiccup am very happy I did so. I regularly tow dead shoguns off to their final resting place & the Surf does it with so much more grace & indeed pace : ) The only other bit I need is the trim cover over the rear chrome bumper if anyone has one?

Comment

Thanks guys, yes I believe it to be the alternator as I lost charge yesterday. Hope that helps anyone else with the same prob! I just ordered one from ebay so hopefully will sort the problem with this otherwise superb truck. I moved from a SWB Shogun over to a Surf & other than this hiccup am very happy I did so. I regularly tow dead shoguns off to their final resting place & the Surf does it with so much more grace & indeed pace : ) The only other bit I need is the trim cover over the rear chrome bumper if anyone has one?
              YES.......the plastic bit
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Hi, yes the plastic bit along the top of the bumper.

Comment

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me please? I have a 1992 2.4 diesel Surf which I have owned for about a month & am thoroughly impressed with. Yesterday in the rain all my dash warning lights illuminated (a/t fluid, timing belt, battery, diesel filter, turbo light) accompanied with an alarming constant beeeeep. The car runs & drives as normal but its driving me crazy. I have had the instrument panel out, disconnected the batteries to no avail. I'm assuming water has got in somewhere but after being dry all day it is still doing it. Is there some kind of control box or connection somewhere that could be causing it? Thanks for taking the time to read my first post : )
                  Hi, I had the same problem in Febuary is cost me £450 to get the surf recovered from Nottingham... turned out that yeah the alternator was not charging but the alternator was only 3 days old so after I got the surf home I check the belts, the surf only had one belt instead of two and was that worn that the belt was running on the bottom of the pully... so check the belts for ware and tention might just be something simple and cheap!
                  Happy Surfing!

Comment

Working...
                  X