2.4 TD Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
    Is your vac pump on the front or the back of the alternator as i have a front mounted ,nearly new one up for grabs late 2.4..........it's only 12 months old
    Crikey, i dont know. I think only the mechanic would know, and he has finished for the day.

Its a K reg 2.4 TD. Would you know just by that ? Could you tell me how much you would charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonsai View Post
      Crikey, i dont know. I think only the mechanic would know, and he has finished for the day.

Its a K reg 2.4 TD. Would you know just by that ? Could you tell me how much you would charge.
      It was £170 new last may .............£45 +postage ok..............

BTW my breaker is a k plate last of the 2.4 2nd gens
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

It was £170 new last may .............£45 +postage ok..............

BTW my breaker is a k plate last of the 2.4 2nd gens
        That sounds good to me. I will try and find out if the pump is on the back or front and get back to you. Alas i dont know if mine is 1st or 2nd gen. I dont even know how to find out .... so i will have to ask mechanic. Thank you.

Comment

That sounds good to me. I will try and find out if the pump is on the back or front and get back to you. Alas i dont know if mine is 1st or 2nd gen. I dont even know how to find out .... so i will have to ask mechanic. Thank you.

yours will be a 2nd gen.it has the drop down tailgate whereas the 1st gen has a removable rear roof
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            yours will be a 2nd gen.it has the drop down tailgate whereas the 1st gen has a removable rear roof
            Yes, it does have the drop down tailgate. You are a star. I have just dug out the log book, sales documents etc trying to find the answer ..... and couldn't. Brill.

Biohazard - im chatting with the mechanic over the weekend - so i will contact you asap for your address and who to make the cheque payable to etc .... Am i safe putting me email address on here ? It is my full name, which is probably a bit dodgy ?

Comment

Yes, it does have the drop down tailgate. You are a star. I have just dug out the log book, sales documents etc trying to find the answer ..... and couldn't. Brill.

Biohazard - im chatting with the mechanic over the weekend - so i will contact you asap for your address and who to make the cheque payable to etc .... Am i safe putting me email address on here ? It is my full name, which is probably a bit dodgy ?
              your be ok but change the @ for AT and the . for dot
              i would of thought the motors would be the same tho being from the same year.
              I may be wrong but i thought the earlier 2nd gen 2.4's had the manuals had different motors but someone will correct me if i'm wrong tho

Comment

My husband said he would try and have a look tomorrow at the alternator / pump location. Any ideas how we go about it ? It is there for all to see, or do you have to search for it ?

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  your be ok but change the @ for AT and the . for dot
                  i would of thought the motors would be the same tho being from the same year.
                  I may be wrong but i thought the earlier 2nd gen 2.4's had the manuals had different motors but someone will correct me if i'm wrong tho
                  the earlier 2nd gens had a 2lt then the 2lte about j plate the alternator changed with the face lift i think

A k plate will be a mid 2nd gen
                  first gens were up to 89
                  second 2.4 till 93
                  3ltr 2nd gen till about 96..... then the curling tongs came out

Comment

My husband said he would try and have a look tomorrow at the alternator / pump location. Any ideas how we go about it ? It is there for all to see, or do you have to search for it ?
                    the alternator is on the drivers side under the air con pump with the 2 belts on the alternator

Comment

1st gen

2nd gen

you'll know if you got a 3rd gen by the hair products in the glove box

Comment

1st gen

2nd gen

you'll know if you got a 3rd gen by the hair products in the glove box
                        blimey i do look young in that pic.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thank you for making me laugh on an otherwise distressing day :-)

Hubby has had a look, and the hose is on the front. It goes from the front, and slightly underneath where it attaches to the alternator.

Looking at your piccies, its defo a Gen 2 (no hairdressing products in my car )

Comment

Thank you for making me laugh on an otherwise distressing day :-)

Hubby has had a look, and the hose is on the front. It goes from the front, and slightly underneath where it attaches to the alternator.

Looking at your piccies, its defo a Gen 2 (no hairdressing products in my car )
                            then the vac pump/alternator bio has is the one you want.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                              then the vac pump/alternator bio has is the one you want.
                              i'll get a price for p&p if you say yes

Comment

i'll get a price for p&p if you say yes
                                HI. I have spoken to the mechanic, and everyone is in agreement that we should give this a try. So, yes- please could you give me the P&P price.

My email address is nikkiballington@yahoo.co.uk Please send me your address and the full cost, and ill send you a cheque.

Many thanks,
                                Nikki

Comment

Working...
                                X