Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate window stuck

Hiya guys,

Got a problem with the back window on my 2.4td.

I had a new motor in there a couple of years ago because the thing just got so damn slow and would always need help closing the last few inches.

This time although it has been slowing and needing a bit of help recently last night it just stopped altogether, you can here like a clicking noise when you try to shut it but it has just jammed half way down, bit of pain thought I would ask if this is likey to be the motor again and where would be the best place to get a new one.

Cheers guys
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

The best thing to do is to strip it all down and see if the regulator is ok aswell as the motor.If you need either of these items i have them here if you need them
    It may even be the runners that attatch to the bottom of the window
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers Storm,

I'll take it apart tomorrow.

Comment

Try your local scrapyard for a passenger side electic window motor from any Toyota of the same year.
        ps wish I still had my surf I miss the old truck ,feel envious everytime I see one on the road ,hi to you all .
        ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Hiya Rudi mate hows it going
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Just about to try to get the tailgate apart and realised that its gonna be a pain as I can't get the tailgate open with the window stuck half way, also how do I know if the regulator is busted?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by The Duke View Post
              Try your local scrapyard for a passenger side electic window motor from any Toyota of the same year.
              ps wish I still had my surf I miss the old truck ,feel envious everytime I see one on the road ,hi to you all .
              Hiya mate Long time no see
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X