Coolant pipes from the turbo 2.4 1993

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant pipes from the turbo 2.4 1993

One of the steel coolant pipes from the turbo has developed a hole and is leaking water. has anyone got one for sale and what is the easiest way to take it off so that it can be reapaired to get me out of trouble?????????? I can only get the top nut undone as I cant get a spanner or a socket onto the bottom one. Your help will be appreciatded as I cant drive my beast at the moment.

Thanks

Frazer
    Last edited by Frazer; 28 June 2008, 10:16.

Hi you could screw a small slef taping screw with ptfe tape or silicon sealent into the hole hope this helps.

Comment

I had exactly the same thing. Couldn't put a screw in it as it was the bottom that was holed (Actually, I expect the screw would come loose if the pipe is corroded very much and fall out). Wrapped the hole thing in some of the Plastic Metal stuff Halfords sell. I could have got cheaper stuff, but it was on a Sunday. For good measure I also put a rad weld in. Been fine ever since.

Comment

Tried to take them of my breaker yesterday .......... no joy they just bent
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

cut my leaky section out and replaced with steel braided cost less than a tenner

Comment

Originally posted by Bigzooks View Post
            cut my leaky section out and replaced with steel braided cost less than a tenner

Seven years too late

Pics/write up will help others

Comment

i know its late but mine only started leaking yesterday so i fixed it today but the post is to help others

Comment

Originally posted by Bigzooks View Post
                i know its late but mine only started leaking yesterday so i fixed it today but the post is to help others

Not knocking you.
                Just saying good idea, pics & write up would help

Comment

the repair was simple the pipes are metal and about a foot long my leak was where the two pipes join side by side and are fastened . I simply cut out the twin section and replaced with braided this saved disturbing the union at the turbo.
                  alot better than driving a self tapper in and using ptfe tape
                  ha ha

Comment

Working...
                  X