Cracked Head on 2.4TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Head on 2.4TD

Absolutly Gutted.. Last week me & my Surf covered 2500 miles in 4 weeks for the benifit of my employer, although out of the goodness of his heart, he paid the Derv.. But doing around 80mph each way every day, just didn`t cut it, it actually Cracked it......So it now sits in a garage in bits, awaiting the arrival of a new head, measured the piston distance as it suffered Hydralic Lock the other morning, also had a nice Smoke Screen of STEAM...yes...STEAM.. out of the exhaust, due to water in the pistons..so the new head is around the 450 mark, so all in all 700 to 800 for the whole job
    then hopefully it will be all again
    Attached Files
    Dodgy Dave

My sympathies.... know exactly how that feels..... ours is in too.... you got a good price for the work...
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Thanks Helen

I used to live down the road from you...well the M23.. I lived in Crawley, Born & Bred, funny old life in it.... still got some great contacts up here in Norwich now.
      Dodgy Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
        My sympathies.... know exactly how that feels..... ours is in too.... you got a good price for the work...
        My sympathies too!

Our 2.4 is sat in the garage with the same problem... We just bought a new engine for it and Tony picks it up tomorrow.
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave O`Donnell
          I used to live down the road from you...well the M23.. I lived in Crawley, Born & Bred, funny old life in it.... still got some great contacts up here in Norwich now.

I lived just outside Norwich for a couple of years in a little village called Thurlton (between Loddon and Beccles).

Cheers

Comment

Lodden and Beccles !!!!!!!

Almost as bad as Creepy Crawley......
            Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Creepy Crawley !!!!

Not heard it called that for years, in the old AM CB days, i had a General Electric 40 channel and i have still got the recipt from the police in crawley for it, when they confiscated it from me in 1980....ish.
              Dodgy Dave

Comment

Linda & Tony...how much was the engine

was it new or recon, or blah blah blah..
                Dodgy Dave

Comment

was it new or recon, or blah blah blah..
                  Its a Rover V8 used - cheap off ebay - Tony will strip and rebuild it, then we're doing a complete engine and gearbox etc swap. Then we'll LPG it.

Just need to find a cheap BW 35 and a transfer box, an a few other bits. bidding on a couple of rats in a minute.......
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Oh... Bugger, Nice one & good luck

Dodgy Dave

Comment

Not heard it called that for years, in the old AM CB days, i had a General Electric 40 channel and i have still got the recipt from the police in crawley for it, when they confiscated it from me in 1980....ish.
                      used to be into that meself, still got a jaws II, and a bag of swr meters i come across

10-4 good bud,
                      ship(or summat like that)

Comment

Working...
                      X