Car tax price hike again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car tax price hike again

just found out from one of my friends that the goverment are planning to increase tax on 4x4s over 2.5 liter does any one know of ant rumours

yep there's rumours left right and centre, but the public won't know for sure until it's a done deal, GB must realise it's another nail he's bangin into his own coffin if he goes for another increase.

If he's doing it within the next two years it will be under another name to the road fund license which was laid out in a 3 year plan last year, screwing us by a massive £5 increase a year for 3 years (of which there's two years remaining).
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Look's like there could be a run on 2.4's then.
      IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

so this will be for pre-2001 cars? which dont come under the C02 rating,

sodding git, GB, this will be due to the increase of people running older cars, pre-C02 tax rating to avoid it, he slams every ###### door in our face

surely it would be all >2.5 litre vehicles, not just 4x4 !,
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

The only way he can do this is to increase the basic duty on all older cars, regardless of age, by using the old engine size differential. If he does that then I can see Nu Labor having about as many MP's after the next Election as the Lib Dems have now.

But never mind. If the reports in today's Mail and a number of other publications come to pass about the continuing demise of the honey bee we wont have to worry anyway. There will be nobody much around to worry as we'll all have starved to death or killed each other in a war to control the dwindling food supplies. Damn, just about when I'm due to take my pension.
          Mike G

Comment

So Mike, is armageddon on the way soon then?

Well, I'm off to the top of a mountain in Wales with my tent, a big gun and a load of beer
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              So Mike, is armageddon on the way soon then?

Well, I'm off to the top of a mountain in Wales with my tent, a big gun and a load of beer
              Possibly Andy. Might even join you.
              Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by christopoher murphy View Post
                just found out from one of my friends that the goverment are planning to increase tax on 4x4s over 2.5 liter does any one know of ant rumours
                Hi Chris......Did you ever manage to sort out your valve clearance problems.... mine need adjusting now that the new head has been fitted.

Comment

Working...
                X