Pump or electrical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump or electrical?

Last week my truck decided not to start one morning, it ran fine and turned off normally the night before and then just turned over and over the next morning, anyway ive just tried putting a short length of clear pipe on the fuel pump inlet and then into some diesel and cranked it over, the fuel was not being drawn into the pump. it has been run on 50/50 mix of veg for months but has shown no problems untill now. Any ideas on what the sourcve of the problem is?
    Many thanx
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

do the diagnostic and check that the pump timer aint bu55ered.if it says its timer control,get another pump.if that is ok use the search and find out how much voltage is needed to the solenoid at the back of the pump,its in the region of 5 volts or so.if you are getting voltage,then it sounds reasonably terminal.dont despair though,there are plenty of cheap breakers about,and fitting a new pump should take about 5 hours on yours as there is so much access
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      do the diagnostic and check that the pump timer aint bu55ered.if it says its timer control,get another pump.if that is ok use the search and find out how much voltage is needed to the solenoid at the back of the pump,its in the region of 5 volts or so.if you are getting voltage,then it sounds reasonably terminal.dont despair though,there are plenty of cheap breakers about,and fitting a new pump should take about 5 hours on yours as there is so much access
      It reads no faults when pulling the codes, i have the engine and gearbox from neros old truck here wrapped on a pallet stored in one of the barns so if the pump has gone i shall be dropping the whole lot in as my engine wasnt the perfect runner letting some blow by on the piston rings. I shall check the voltages

Comment

Pulley

Right ive been back home again today, and got a few minz to look at the truck, ive noticed the bottom pulley has separated, i tried to check the timing marks but the bottom timing mark never lined up so i took off the ancillary belts and realized the pulley had split into tow parts, the pulley with the timing marks can spin freely on the rest of it. Could this have caused me any problems?

Comment

Working...
        X