Fluid loss!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluid loss!!

Hi, got a problem with my 2.4. Was out yesterday did about 100 miles everything was fine, well all the gauges said so!!!

Got up this morning and their is a very wet patch under the front of the thing right under where the expansion tank is.

Surf was parked facing down a slight hill (I say this cos when parked other way and after a similar days driving had no wet patch!!!)

Am very new to these things so any help would be appreciated.

Guess want to know if its gonna go bang!!!

Oh forgot to say, the guy i bought it from had just had the rad repaired.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Was the expansion tank full? If it was replace the radiator cap and see what happens after that.

Nev

Comment

Its half empty (or full!!) Guess that comes down to your point of view!!!

Comment

Start at the begining and check the rad cap rubber seal, if it's perished replace it. If thats ok remove the thermostat and check that its working by putting it into a container and pour boiling water on it,the centerpart of it should open in a few seconds, if it dont replace it, If it's ok try bleeding the system of air usually the heaters, it's in detail elsewhere on this forum. good luck.
        IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

if the rad has been repaired before then look at where the repair was done as it may be leaking from there again.If it is then i would get a new rad or recon from roughtrax
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X