Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh oh High Revs!!

Gday folks,
    mate of mine has a 92 ssr ltd 2.4 td and when he starts her up, the beast revs straight to 6 grand without pressing the pedal. Checked accellerator cable already. He also said one of his wiring looms were smoking
    BRING ON THE MUD!!!!!

Originally posted by AUSSIESURF
    Gday folks,
    mate of mine has a 92 ssr ltd 2.4 td and when he starts her up, the beast revs straight to 6 grand without pressing the pedal. Checked accellerator cable already. He also said one of his wiring looms were smoking
    Might sound silly but has it got the idle up knob, twist type, cause if its wound up it will rev high.
    As for the smoking loom, could be anything, fog lights etc etc would try pulling fuses on these first sort of illimination process.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

yeah already checked idle knob. it sounds alot more severe than that im afraid.
      BRING ON THE MUD!!!!!

Comment

The fuel pump has a centrifugal advance mechanism inside which is immersed in the fuel. If the engine has not been used for a while this mechanism can become siezed with rust due to water in the fuel. It's a common fault in Bosch rotary fuel pumps and causes the engine to run at a fixed speed.

Comment

If it's a 2LTE then it might be something to do with the electronic throttle control, short on the wire perhaps, The cable connects at the front of the inlet trumpet and is a big blue plug.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X