Steel wheels, what wheel nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel wheels, what wheel nuts?

I just got myself a new set of steel wheels, white 8 spoke 15x7..........
    After they are made gunmetal grey or black I am gonna put 31"x10.5x15S mud tires on in the next couple weeks or so as soon as I get a little money...

What wheel nuts do I need tho seen as I only have the ones from the original alloys that are on at the moment...

Where do I buy them?, or does anyone have a set laying around in the shed by any chance?..
    One day at the time I guess..

you need the bevelled type wheel nuts Toby.You can get them from milners or roughtrax
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      you need the bevelled type wheel nuts Toby.You can get them from milners or roughtrax
      thanks Rich,

I will hav a look now..

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        TAPERED !!!! milners will rust in weeks , dont know what r/trax are like
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Bibs just got some from Roughtrax for the steels i sold to her.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
            TAPERED !!!! milners will rust in weeks , dont know what r/trax are like
            hehe I will look at roughtrax....
            I only get the filters from milners anyway cus I am not to keen on most other things from milners....
            Roughtrax always seem real good quality tho....
            Thanks anyway Dave for confirming my thoughts........

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            Bibs just got some from Roughtrax for the steels i sold to her.
            gdgd I will ask here what she paid after.....
            I saw her truck the otherday as she arranged my wheels to come down...
            Looks very nice with ur old wheels....
            How did u find them tires?
            As they seem an ok solution for when u do more tarmac driving....

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
              I just got myself a new set of steel wheels, white 8 spoke 15x7..........
              After they are made gunmetal grey or black I am gonna put 31"x10.5x15S mud tires on in the next couple weeks or so as soon as I get a little money...

What wheel nuts do I need tho seen as I only have the ones from the original alloys that are on at the moment...

Where do I buy them?, or does anyone have a set laying around in the shed by any chance?..
              i have a set of 27 nuts tapered, got anything to trade
              JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Toby, those general grabber were excellent on and off road.
                I would have got the MT versions in 33's if they were a bit cheaper.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                  i have a set of 27 nuts tapered, got anything to trade
                  depends on what u looking for...
                  will a self addressed envelope do?

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  Toby, those general grabber were excellent on and off road.
                  I would have got the MT versions in 33's if they were a bit cheaper.
                  Rite I might have a look into them, they do seem to have a good thread.... I really want mud tires for the look and the off roading, (+ I can get them cheap new.) but seen as she is my only transport I do a lot of tarmac miles.. I think I might have to think about that...
                  I have got normal AT's now, they are fairly new and a very good tire.. but I wud like a bit more agressive pattern for off-road....
                  I will think of ur advice when making my decicion....

Comment

Rite I might have a look into them, they do seem to have a good thread.... I really want mud tires for the look and the off roading, (+ I can get them cheap new.) but seen as she is my only transport I do a lot of tarmac miles.. I think I might have to think about that...
                    I have got normal AT's now, they are fairly new and a very good tire.. but I wud like a bit more agressive pattern for off-road....
                    I will think of ur advice when making my decicion....
                    if you do a lot of tarmac miles get yourself a 2nd set of wheels and tyres for the mud, they'll pay for themselves by your next MOT.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                      if you do a lot of tarmac miles get yourself a 2nd set of wheels and tyres for the mud, they'll pay for themselves by your next MOT.
                      huh?
                      how u mean?

Comment

huh?
                        how u mean?
                        partly in fuel economy, but also in wear, run your muds at 22-24 PSI for great offroad performance but you'll lose possibly 4 or 5 mpg or more running round on em the whole time, aswell as wearing the tyres quicker because they're underinflated for road use, stick a set of road tyres on and run them at 32 PSI you'll squeeze an extra mile or maybe two per gallon, against an AT at say 30 PSI.

look at it this way - i've only had surfs 2 years, the ats that were on my first surf were shite on road and off, and cracked and starting to perish would need to replace 2 before my first mot, so i got some cheap (new remoulds) muds, 12 months later i had to replace all 4 for next MOT, 10000 road miles and regular offroading had just shredded them, there were a few chunks of tread missing, feathered tread blocks, cuts in the tread, sidewall damage, not one of them would have passed MOT, but they still had 12mm of tread left for offroading, so got some cheap road tyres (road biased ATs) insa mountains for £270 fitted to my original alloys, so now i'm 14 months down and 3 sets of tyres, then a few months later got a puncture offroading, discovered i'd burn't through my spare when i knocked the exhaust off it's mounts the month before, almst earn't myself IOTY for having to borrow a 3rd gen spare to get home. Discovered the manufacturer of my muds had gone bust, couldn't get a matching tyre so had to get another set, kindly donated a set by a forum member, but that meant now been surfing 16 months ish and on my 4th set of tyres.

If you're going to offroad regularly i reckon you've got to be lookling at replacing a set of tyres a year, whereas a half decent set of road tyres should last a good 3 years road use, then a set of muds for your offroading that can basically get trashed, and if you get a puncture you can choose to either tube or replace, so in 3 years you get through 2 sets of tyres instead of 3. However it's MOT time in the 1st or 2nd year you'll first need to look at replacing if you go for one set for all uses.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Hey Nero,

I see what u mean...
                          D@mn u gone through some tires.....

I use AT's at the moment and i have to say they are a good tire..
                          I have done nearly 5k miles in the last few months with hardly any wear and been off-roading too..
                          I do hav a second set of wheels, the steel ones I just bought...
                          I was thinking of selling my old ones with a set of mud tires to get some of the cost back....
                          I might re-concider and maybe keep them, altho the AT general grabbers seem like a very good tire for everyday use and off-roading...
                          I might hav a look and see how that goes...but will keep the tires I have got as well and wont sell em then....

I mean I seem to do ok at the moment with only one type tire both on and off, the main issue really is that I have no room at all to store them...but think I will just hav the old-ish AT's in my office for now....

thanks for the advice mate

Comment

I got 2 stacks of tyres in my back garden, just with a chain dropped through them, one wheel and tyre weighs about 35kg so no buggers gonna carry 4 of em chained together out the garden. If they're determined enough they'll still have em, but it'd be easier for em to have the ones off the truck than get them, and that's just chaining them together, not to anything else.

A lot of our lanes are chalky or muddy, rather than granite like derbyshire or wales, but we also have a fair bit of flint, haven't really done any laning elsewhere in the country to compare it to though but i would have said if anything our laning is fairly easy going on the tyres, it's not masses of flint i would expect more in other parts of the UK.
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Working...
                            X