vac problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vac problem

hi,been posted before but still got this bl@@dy noise in the dash,been told its
    vacume related, only chirps away when green boost light comes on,can the boost switch do this ? checked all vac pipes seem ok, motor runs fine but this noise mud skipper had a listen but didant no, help.

the green light on the dash is the turbo light could it be a problem with the turbo? but they do make some noise thats normal!

Comment

If the screaching noise coinsides with the turbo light coming on, then the first place to check is the rubber connections coming from the turbo to the throttle body.
      Sounds like you've got a tiny air leak that only appears when the turbo is boosting. Could be a loose Jubilee clip or a tiny split in one of the rubber connectors.

Comment

noise

hi, turbo seems ok, replaced most pipes also big bent one,thought perhaps
        speedo cable but i think mines electric, its well annoying.

Comment

chirp

rechecked all hoses even tried it with boost sensor unpluged, no green light but still me birdey noise, whats the two little sensors on the drivers side wing
          just before master cyl, vac lines go into it one goes to alternater, can they
          make this noise?

Comment

Are tou sure the chirp is in the dash? A leaky exhaust gasket around the turbo area will make a chirping noise. The ADD VSVs are on the driver side wing. They switch the vacuum for the front diff.

Nev

Comment

chirp

:worried hi, it sounds its from dash,spose will have to delv further into it, turbo strip down or new one, o joy, ta nev.

Comment

Originally posted by caney View Post
                :worried hi, it sounds its from dash,spose will have to delv further into it, turbo strip down or new one, o joy, ta nev.
                No need to strip turbo. I meant the gasket on exhaust end of turbo or the round flange gasket a bit further down.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                  No need to strip turbo. I meant the gasket on exhaust end of turbo or the round flange gasket a bit further down.

Nev
                  will check it out nev, allways miss things when im in a panic,got two cousins in aus wish i went out with them in the 70s cheers nev.

Comment

Working...
                  X