No Power - Fuel Problem?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power - Fuel Problem?!?

Have a new problem with the hilux. As of about a week ago ive had alot less power than normal. Its just really slow the rpms climb really slow even with the truck floored. The longer the truck runs for the worse it seems to get. Im thinking a fuel problem but im not sure what? Fuel pump perhaps? The fuel tank breather seems to be working ok and the screen in the tank isnt clogged. I also did a fuel filter change just over a week ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know a part number for that screen in the tank or where i can get a new one?

Ed

Could be no turbo boost due to a faulty boost sensor or a vacuum pipe disconnected.

Comment

everything seems to work the same just alot slower than it was. turbo light comes on and you can feel the difference when its boosting. I really dont think id move right now if it wasnt.

Comment

sounds like your having a similar problem to me, does it run better if you fill up with fuel right to the top as mine does?....then slowly becomes less responsive as the fuel hits the halfway mark on the gauge?

id be interested to hear if u solve this problem as i cant seem to run mine without keeping it topped to the brim on fuel!...mine would die if i ran it lower than half...

what checks have u made on the fuel tank and fuel delivery?

Comment

Working...
        X