No announcement yet.

Engine won't start after fuel pump repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voltage sounds ok to me. As for the resistance is it actually zero or open circuit?

Nev

Comment

The digital multimeter seems to show a 1 for open circuit. I'm not convinced about the voltage of 4.6v, is there a spec on the SCV available on the net? I spoke to the company who replaced the seals and they said that the current to the SCV is pulsed. Maybe I need to test the voltage with the meter set to AC?

I'm hoping that a brittle wire has fractured somewhere during the process of removal, otherwise it looks like pump out and return for a fuller test. When I took it out it was working, just leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by NickW View Post
        I spoke to the company who replaced the seals and they said that the current to the SCV is pulsed. Maybe I need to test the voltage with the meter set to AC?
        Nope. Keep it on DC. Pulsed DC is completely different to AC.

Comment

I'm no expert but it's sounding like a dud SPV. Could the guys that replaced the seals buggered something up? Was the pump recalibrated and bench tested?

Nev

Comment

Injector connection leaks

The valve was fine, it was purely a case of being more persistant with the bleeding process. I got someone to help, we disconnected each injector, cranked it over and as fuel eventually emerged we then re-connected each injector in turn.

I'm now struggling to get a tight seal at 3 of the injectors, they each weep a bit. I've tightened each nut below the pipe nuts. The injector-leak-off-pipe (part 23760-54030 £21.19+vat) at no.3 injector has a tendancy to turn and bend it's pipes connecting either side (this was the one that had fractured in the original fitting - seems very weak). Not sure what else to do other than use a thinner washer so that the nuts tighten down further. The washers are new from the main dealer (same thickness as the old ones).

I've read a thread at http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ctor+leak+pipe

I've only dismantled the injectors as far as removing the leak-off pipe, and the sequence of fittings on mine was/is leak-off pipe, copper looking washer, nut, then injector pipe nut. For the copper looking washers, I've been supplied part 11176-64010 (£1.52+vat ea) but looking at the diagram I'm wondering if I should have part 23654 instead (maybe these are thinner?).
            Last edited by NickW; 1 June 2008, 11:36.

Comment

I fitted the thinner washers (part number as diagram) and that seems to have cured the leaks. I believe incorrect washers had been fitted before. The thinner one have 2 tiny holes in.

Comment

Working...
              X