Did I buy a dud: Update folks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I buy a dud: Update folks!

Howdy Folks! I posted a thread a couple o' weeks ago, the 2.4 that died, would turn but not fire!
    Any hoo tryied all the things you guys surgested....all the lines were clear... got fuel to the engine put wouldn't fire. Disconected the solenoid on the pump. Re-conected it while turning her over.
    She now will fire but runs really really ruff 4 bout 5 secs then shudders to a death! its like she is running on 2 cyclinders or drawing air from somewhere...?

When i opened up the injectors they all were pumping fuel, although the 1st line wasn't for a while at first. The pipe is clear.

What does the solenoid actually do?

Again, any surgestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Any ideas?

Originally posted by little ben View Post
    Howdy Folks! I posted a thread a couple o' weeks ago, the 2.4 that died, would turn but not fire!
    Any hoo tryied all the things you guys surgested....all the lines were clear... got fuel to the engine put wouldn't fire. Disconected the solenoid on the pump. Re-conected it while turning her over.
    She now will fire but runs really really ruff 4 bout 5 secs then shudders to a death! its like she is running on 2 cyclinders or drawing air from somewhere...?

When i opened up the injectors they all were pumping fuel, although the 1st line wasn't for a while at first. The pipe is clear.

What does the solenoid actually do?

Again, any surgestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Any ideas?
    whatever you do dont connect it to a 12v power source.all the ecu wiring runs on six volts.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
    X