yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oil oil every where, but not a war in sight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil oil every where, but not a war in sight.

I have developed a massive oil leak from what appears to be, behind or from the back of the alternator. Is there a oil line or hose back there?
    I've renamed her from "Very Red" to "exon valdies".
    I need to fix it this weekend, but it would help to have an idea what's going to greet me when i pull all the sh1t off around it.
    91 SSR ltd 2.4td Wine over grey. Currently on head #2.
    89 Mazda MX6 2.2 lt turbo.

Originally posted by crusty
    I have developed a massive oil leak from what appears to be, behind or from the back of the alternator. Is there a oil line or hose back there?
    I've renamed her from "Very Red" to "exon valdies".
    I need to fix it this weekend, but it would help to have an idea what's going to greet me when i pull all the sh1t off around it.
    Could be hoses to alternator, also check under turbo to see if its running down from there.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Could be hoses to alternator, also check under turbo to see if its running down from there.
      Also check the oil filter is tight.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Also check the oil filter is tight.

Cheers
        Dats what I thought too. Also the hoses into and out of the turbo contain messy **** that goes everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi

If it's the Alt hose (which was my guess) is it just a case of, off with the AC pump and there you are, or is it really hard to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by crusty
            If it's the Alt hose (which was my guess) is it just a case of, off with the AC pump and there you are, or is it really hard to get to.
            You can undo the four bolts on the AC that hold to the engine, there is enough flex in the pipes to move it out of the way to gain more access to the alternator, don't undo the pipes or obviously you will lose the gas.
            Also behind drivers wheel is a panel on the inner wing bit that unbolts and will allow some more access.
            You should now be able to undo/loosen the tensioner, from memory there was one awkward bolt on the alternator, but then I disconnected it all without moving the AC Pump, well I did move it after, you live and learn.
            If I remember correctly I think there is one bolt on the pipe to the alternator, I think it goes through some sort of flange, so maybe this just need tightening up.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

I had same sort of problem and it turned out to be the oil filter was not very tight
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Thanx guys, I'll tackle it this week end. Busy one coming up, I've got to put a new clutch in the MX6 and refit the gearbox, woohoo.

Comment

I think it could be that 200,000 rev turbo of yours
                  Don
                  Still rolling and waving

Comment

Originally posted by Oldone
                    I think it could be that 200,000 rev turbo of yours
                    Don
                    LOL. I thought it was whistling but I popped the bonnet and found the 7 drawfs under there..... Rattley, Squeaky, Smelly, Oily, Noisey, Hotty, Dirty & Whistley.

Comment

Working...
                    X