yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum regulator, wont start, please help, again......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum regulator, wont start, please help, again......

My 2.4td 2TLE wont start. Did have a flat battery, but wouldnt even pull start. Now battery is good, but wont even try to turn over, the solenoid does its one click and thats it.

Thought it would be simple,

rock it, nothing,
    hit the starter with a lump of metal, nothing,
    pull start, nothing.

I had a good look around the starter, as good as you can, it aint exactly easy to get to. I discovered a component was hanging off.

I guess this is the problem, i thought at first it was a solenoid, but it turns out to be the E-VRC, electronic vacuum regulator. I guess without that its not got any vacuum causing a heap of problems.

But would this make it not even turn the starter motor, maybe i supose, if its got no brakes once its started better folk dont even start it. Thats my thinking. Anyhow its gonna have to be sorted.

To get to the point, excuse my rambling.

It was still pluged in to the electrics and its got three outlets to the vacuum system.

Two connect to the hoses pointed toward the ground,

One on mine is snapped off and was in the hose, I notice this is not clear and I have tried to unblock it but no luck, its almost like a bit of solder over the hole.

The other clearly connects next to this, no worries.

The third i have no idea, maybe theres a bit of hose floating around there somewhere but i cant see it. Probably fallen off.

There is also a loose spade connection that i think should be on the bolt that holds this on to the engine. I also recon its to be bolted on to the block on the tab thats near to it but it doesnt look properly suited, thats probly why its come off. This isnt the first engine so it might never have been done right.

Anybody know if this is my problem, how to connect it correctly and even where to get one in the Uk? Most appretiated.

I just found another, its a loose electrical terminal. Its got a smashed up ceramic rod or somthing coming out of it. I recon this is a temp sensor for the block.

Maybe broken off by the vacuum regulator swinging around.

Looks like it goes into the plug in the side of the block. Has my oil come out?

Checked my oil and its real low.

Comment

Working...
    X