Siezed Pulley under ac pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siezed Pulley under ac pump

Hi all this is the first time iv'e posted cos not really had any probs with my truck untill now. I broke down today with a smell of burning rubber from under bonet, on inspection found it to be the bottom pulley that runs on same belt as ac pump it has seized solid. Had to cut this belt off to get home only 2miles so didn't think i would be a prob to do this and thankfully it drove ok no probs got her home. Dont know wot this pulley is, none of the manuals I have tell me. Can anyone tell me what this pulley is attached to and what it is. Thanks Nigel

is that the alternator pulley,or is it a pulley attached to the block ?
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It is just a pulley on an arm specifically for the aircon. Doesn't serve any other purpose.

Comment

Its not alternator so must be on the block...Is it servicable or will it need to be replaced. Thanks

Comment

I'll have a look at mine here later to check. Should be servicable though. It's only there to see to tensioning the belt, so can't see it being anything exotic.

Comment

Happy days then I will get the spanners out tomorrow and see what i can do will let you know what happens..thanks for the info matt, these poxy worshop books!!!!! say no more lol.

Comment

oh i know the pulley,its just to run aircon from another pulley.i removed all this ages ago but yes you can replace said pulley
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X