Glow plug question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plug question

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and Surfs in general so sorry if this is a daft question.

Have had trouble starting from cold recently and a search of tinternet lead me to check the glow plugs. Having eventually taken the connector strip off (turbo's just too low to fit a standard box spanner in, had to keep taking more off the end with a hacksaw!) I checked each of the plugs for continuity and they seemed fine. Unfortunately I forgot the order of everything on the bolt holding the strip on. Put everything back how I assumed it would go and having tried to start again I've now noticed that the resistor has gone. Either I was being blind last time I checked it or I guess i've shorted something? I had the strip, a lug for the wires, 4 insulated spacers (at least that's what they look like) and a metal washer. Went for 2 insulated on the bottom followed by the strip with the lug on top then 2 insulated with the washer and nut on the top. Does anyone know the correct order that these should be put in?

Cheers and sorry for the long first post!

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=11229

Nev

Comment

Cheers Nev, exactly what I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
      X