Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window sticking.

Hi all.
    I have a little prob with the rear window.
    When I press the switch for the window (to go down) you can hear the mechanism
    working and the glass sliders down a tinny amount, but then the glass stops but the mechanism goes down about 2inches more and then stops, I then go to the back and push the glass down to where the mechanism and repeat this over and over until the window is down.
    I then have to do the same going back up but it’s slightly trickier when it gets to the seals at the top.
    I have tried greasing up all of the mechanisms and looking the seals around the window frame, but this did nothing.
    Hopefully one you can help.
    Many thanks will
    Last edited by surf-wejd; 4 May 2008, 11:55.

Try greasing the mechanism and polishing the glass to stop it sticking on the rubber. Could be worth checking thw wiring connections incase you are gettiing a voltage drop in them. They will feel warm if this is the case and are potentially a fire risk. One way to eliminate a wiring problem is to put a feed directly onto the motor to see if it works properly then.

Comment

sounds to me like your motor is on it's way out, i've got one for £45 includin postage if your intrested. email me sledge-@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X