over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over heating

coming home tonight my surf starting over heating any ideas sorry im a new boy,also to computers
    AJ ONEILL

Right i take it that you have a 2.4 , firstly i would check that the rad is clear and there are no waterleaks , then change the rad cap and thermostat. IF the problem continues the next stage bould be to check the coolant for combustion gasses which will indicate IF the head is cracked .
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

had the same proplem myself only going up hill as well mine had gracks in the head took it to eccles head cte inmanchester rebuilt it sound as a pound now only charged £300 more than likley is this as its common in 2.4 cause its a gast head but for a good few mounths i got away with putting K-SEAL in the water top stuff to get while saving to have it repaired,hope it isnt but good look.
      Last edited by steveo44; 4 May 2008, 11:50.
      NEVER GIVE UP SHES WORTH IT*

Comment

found the b======y problem

split pipe, thank god seems to be running well touch wood thanks all,ps next step learn how to use this computer,ha
        AJ ONEILL

Comment

HEY! another worcester Surf

Greetings TonyO, welcome.

Fill yer profile in m8, so we know what ya got, and most importantly what colour it is.....

where abouts in Worcester are you?

If you need any help / advice etc, theres me (near the hospital), Apache out in Malvern, and a couple of others (Antshiel and Growler) up in Brum. oh, and chillit in his shed, somewhere in Warwickshire.... cutting ###### great holes in other peoples trucks, if he gets his way....

Between us we've done quite a bit of stuff from suspension to fuel pumps, lifts and accessories etc.

I would be cautious after an overheat - make sure the cooling system is re-filled and burped to get the air locks out, and keep an eye on the levels, hopefully your cylinder head is OK.

Happy Surfing M8

Andy
          Last edited by legendgamesmaster; 4 May 2008, 18:35.
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

cheers m8 just down the road droitwich, moved from wardon villages back to droitwich well the truck seems to be running fine at mo its a 2.4 td its my first surf vary impressed with it, iv checked all pipes coolant etc all seems well took it a good run today lovely got to admit got worried when over heated. next step is a snorkle ordered one 200 holes
            AJ ONEILL

Comment

If you haven't already done so, service the coolant system completely. Drop out all of the old coolant, flush the system vigorously and refill with a green or red antifreeze mix, plus replace the 'stat and cap. Refill the system slowly and you should minimise any possibility of airlocks.

Comment

Working...
              X