Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot but not....

Hot but not....
    When I went down to Stormforce the other week on the way back my dearest darling surfmobile started to hav a little movement in the heat needle...
    mainly going up hills..

Now tho every day when I drive the needle goes up a bit at some point..
    The worse it has been is nearly 3/4 and then after a bit comes back down to half...
    This still happens mainly on hills but today also on the express way.

She went nearly 3/4th and then when I parked up at home sunk down again and stayed half way after a little stationary running....

I have checked the coolant today burped but nothing...no burps and all the coolant has not gone down..
    any Ideas?
    One day at the time I guess..

im out tomorrow toby, but i could come and have a look at yer overheating problem with yer on monday some time.

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w- View Post
      im out tomorrow toby, but i could come and have a look at yer overheating problem with yer on monday some time.

sounds good mate yer a star...
      Thanks....

Comment

Sounds normal to me, the same as any other 2.4. They don't like sustained high speed (75mph and above)

Comment

mines never budged over the half way mark, even on a 250 mile trip reachin speeds of 75mph+.

Comment

Mine started climbing on the Rhuallt (thinks thats how its spelt) hill. Never budged before, but I never really drive it over 60 - 65mph, an if I do I always back off for a few mins to give it a break. They aint meant for motorway driving.

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

If its not overheating cos it running out of water, then you'll find its probably a jamming stat thats not opening properly, duff water pump (or slipping belts/ knackered crank pully) or the rad is blocked.

If its not loosing water, then the cooling system must be not working 100%, so when your under load its gets hot, and when you back off it can cope.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Sounds normal to me, the same as any other 2.4. They don't like sustained high speed (75mph and above)
                Lol They only problem with that is I am the granny express lol I never drive over 54/56 mph
                Now that I think of it by the way Bushwacker a question,
                Wud a 6 speed manual lexus or honda gearbox fit the surf?
                Thought I ask u seen as u done a superb job on ur V8

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                If its not overheating cos it running out of water, then you'll find its probably a jamming stat thats not opening properly, duff water pump (or slipping belts/ knackered crank pully) or the rad is blocked.

If its not loosing water, then the cooling system must be not working 100%, so when your under load its gets hot, and when you back off it can cope.
                Thanks.. I will check the stat after when it stops pouring down..
                I checked the rad and seems fine cant feel packs or uneven heat.

I think I will check everything throughly 2mo belts etc..

It also happens now on normal drive, when the truck is warm and I turn off for a bit then when I start driving again she goes up a bit every now and then but always comes down again after a bit, regardless if I am stopping or keep driving.. weird

a well I will digg into it 2mo and find out.. **I hope**
                Think it's time to think about getting a 3ltr maybe..

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Originally posted by pete-w- View Post
                  mines never budged over the half way mark, even on a 250 mile trip reachin speeds of 75mph+.
                  I normally do 80mph on the motorway - and I drive a minimum of 60 miles on the motorway every day - and I've never had the temp gauge over halfway.

Comment

So that would have been just mine then.

Comment

Yay...!!!

WHOO HOO.................

well I flushed the cooling system and damn was it mucky...
                      Brown rust and even a sandy substance (I think)...
                      I put a new stat in and a new radcap on......

And gave her a hammering drove for miles up hills down hills, through sand in the field and the heath needle sticks just uner half way....
                      and the heather works better too now...(not that I need it in this weather lol)

So am well happy now...
                      will change the belts too in the next few days and change all oils again do a mega service.....

anyway just thought I tell u all that she is going still never mind that I over heated her for a couple days....

**knocking on wood*****

So WHOO HOO......

Comment

Temp guage

If you have a stock temperature guage, please read this thread -

http://dahn.webcity.com.au/~toy49040...ic.php?t=14717

Comment

Working...
                        X