clutch / flywheel change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch / flywheel change

Hi everyone.....just a question for anyof you who have had the flywheel changed on a 130.
    I had the disintegrating flywheel problem and got the kit from Milners and had the dual mass flywheel changed to the solid style etc. Now.....it all works but it is noisey. When I depress the clutch when changing gear, I hear what I can only describe as a "whirring" noise that disappears after the next gear is selected. It is always there when moving and depressing the clutch pedal. Also, when the job was done, the free movement of the clutch pedal is very small...let it out half an inch and you're off! When stationary and the engine is running, I also get a ticking noise from the clutch which vanishes when the pedal is depressed. So it all seems to relate to the new flywheel job so.....does it happen to anyone else and is this a normal phenomenon?
    Any input gratefully received!

Did you replace the thrust race (aka clutch bearing) Sounds like this is either worn, been contaminated or incorrectly fitted to me. The only two things that I am aware of that will cause this are the thrust race or gear box idler bearings. The latter being very unlikely. Since you have disturbed the former, I would be suspecting that. Unfortunately it means taking the gear box out again. Not much fun, I know. I had mine out last Sunday to change the flex plate on an automatic. I can think of more fun things to do on a bank holiday weekend, but I am writing this from work at 6am on Saturday.

Comment

Looks like we've both got a ruined bank holiday. The head gasket just blew on my other car so I got to tax the surf. Still waiting for the log book to come through so I'm stuffed.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply.....as we say up in Scotland "sometimes life is just a piece of keech!" ( lumpy brown stuff that stinks a bit)
        Ah well.....it can stay that way for a bit yet as I ain't got the time or the cash to do it all again!
        Hope you get mobile soon.
        Awra best

Comment

Working...
        X