anoyher overheater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anoyher overheater

been looking at this site for some time now but first time posting.
    just looking for some advice on a problem
    i got my timing belt renewed some months ago but now my surf seems to be over heating it does not do it all the time it will run ok for weeks and then start again it will drive normaly for about 15 mins and then overheat quickly
    would changing the rad cap and thermostat sort this out or is it more serious?
    if it wasnt for bad luck i would have none

Originally posted by edinburgh sniper View Post
    i got my timing belt renewed some months ago but now my surf seems to be over heating it does not do it all the time it will run ok for weeks and then start again it will drive normaly for about 15 mins and then overheat quickly
    Probably just an air-lock in the cooling system. Top it up when cool and leave the rad cap off over night to expell the air.

Comment

Do a search on burping the cooling system.

Welcome to the nut house, nice to see another member of the assault team.

And watch out for the Squirell...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by edinburgh sniper View Post
        What it needs is a dam good thrashing around Drumclog now get your self over on 24th 25th May see offroad section
        Brian

Comment

[Do a search on burping the cooling system.

Welcome to the nut house, nice to see another member of the assault team.

And watch out for the Squirell...

tried a search but nothing came up
          if it wasnt for bad luck i would have none

Comment

Working...
          X