Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEEEELLLLLP!!! please

just bought my first surf and been having to top it up with water every day
    whilst driving home just now i pulled into a junction and couldnt see for the steam billowing out of the bonnet, looked at temp guage and it was over red line... leaving it settle out side now.. am worried,i love that vehicle,what should i do??? thanks,Ricky

Which model is it ?

Was it brought from a dealer - ie any warranty ?

If no warranty try changing thermostat and rad cap

Is the rad or any of it's pipework leaking ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky R View Post
      whilst driving home just now i pulled into a junction and couldnt see for the steam billowing out of the bonnet, looked at temp guage and it was over red line... leaving it settle out side now.. am worried,i love that vehicle,what should i do??? thanks,Ricky
      was it in the red for long? I would get it pressure tested first and put a new rad cap and thermostat in and burp the system so theres no air at all and see how it goes
      but i would think the head may of gone.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

it's a j reg 2.4 diesel auto,wasnt in red for long just happened....
        it was going through almost a whole resevoir of water a day. should i fill it??
        do you mean the head gasket stormforce??
        Last edited by Ricky R; 9 April 2008, 22:09.

Comment

take the rad cap off and have front and rear heaters set to hot and full blast and then top the exspansion bottle to about 1/3 full and turn the engine on and continue to fill via therad cap till no air bubbles come out at all.Once you done that fit rad cap and take for a good drive then allow to cool and check levels again

Comment

Did you get it from a dealer ?
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

cheers will try that...
              i did get it from a dealer but dont think theres a warranty?? he never gave me any other paper work apart from log book

Comment

you should get 3 months warrenty no matter what the dealer says so take it back to the dealer and say you want it sorted

Comment

ok will try to see if i can sort it one way then other,thanks, just hoping its not the head

Comment

ok will try to see if i can sort it one way then other,thanks, just hoping its not the head
                    threaten the dealer with trading standards if he says there's no warrenty on the truck but don't let them push you about tho.
                    Here's Stevo's website details with contact number,he does alot for the members here and is highly reccomended
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html

Comment

dont want to #### on yer fireworks mate but guarantee its the head
                      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Last edited by Ricky R; 9 April 2008, 22:43. Reason: placed at wrong time!

Comment

if its the head,whats involved with that,cost etc... i'm not mechanically minded at all

Comment

No cost if from a dealer - you get so many days when you purchse things - I am sure someone will advise exactly.
                            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

just did what you said stormforce and notice water coming from top right hand of radiator, i did notice a pool of water under same spot before driving home earlier... so maybe the hole has quickly become worse and radiator has emptied of water?? causing the problem,,, new radiator maybe,,what do you think??

Comment

Working...
                              X