Anyone any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone any ideas?

As you probably have read in my previous threads i had a new cylinderhead put on everything was fine until started overheating AGAIN!! Anyway the temperature gauge is shooting up to red as if it is overheating but theres no steam or water spurting to state that it is oveheating and drives perfect. could there be a chance the sensor for the temprature has blown from when my head went and how do i get to it??

You most likely have an air pocket in your engine. some times driving up a steep hill, rock or something can let it out.
    1990 HiLux,4"lift,5.29 Gears,detroit locked,33"

Comment

Do a search on 'Burping' the cooling system. Do it thoroughly.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

I dont want to give you a scare........ but the same happend to me about 3 years ago.....! heres the thing, i had to replace the engine!!
        when my head went it took the engine with it! i had a new head put on and all was well for about 25 miles, then it started to over heat again. I did all the bleeding the coolant and everything else that was thrown at me.... but the block had cracked!!!
        Try everything else first and see what happens... but my advise would be not to venture too far from home.. or make sure you join the AA before you do....
        Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Comment

Working...
        X