noise on full lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise on full lock

hi guys..gals...not had me surf 2.4 long..evry thing fine except yesterday when in full lock going right i heard some kind on clanging noise...so when in tescos car park i gave it a good test and was some kinda loud creak when on full lock and braking sharp...took it back to dealer who reckons it is in the hub?personally i dont think so,but aint no mechanic so does anybody have any ideas mayb...under warranty so no cost to me..thx for any info..reefer.

Look under steering stops in FAQ.

Comment

Just apply plenty of grease to the steering stops!
      http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...oise+full+lock

Regards
      Sam

Comment

The steering stops only make a noise when you turn the wheel and smack the two parts together. Creaking sounds are the torsion bars. If you're all that fussy you can put spray grease on them to stop the noises.

Comment

greese

The boys are right once again, just stick a blob of greese on both sides, mine was doing the same only a day ago. read about it on here and added the greese... wayhay no more nasty gut renching loud noises!!

G
          Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
            The steering stops only make a noise when you turn the wheel and smack the two parts together. Creaking sounds are the torsion bars. If you're all that fussy you can put spray grease on them to stop the noises.
            Mine was creaking big time! grease cure worked fine.

Comment

thx peeps all quiet now...best get me reading head on.

Comment

well i was just about to ask what that dam creeking noise is......
                now there's no need but im sure i have other questions to ask like
                where can i get a backbox for a 92 2.4 surf????
                CHILL OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmus
                  well i was just about to ask what that dam creeking noise is......
                  now there's no need but im sure i have other questions to ask like
                  where can i get a backbox for a 92 2.4 surf????
                  http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm

Rear Exhaust Tail Pipe........1990 - 1995........ 005139......£115.00
                  [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Here here!

Originally posted by speedymacfish
                    The boys are right once again, just stick a blob of greese on both sides, mine was doing the same only a day ago. read about it on here and added the greese... wayhay no more nasty gut renching loud noises!!

G
                    Here here!! First prize for best tip of the year. No more scary expensive-sounding noises for me either. Ta.
                    Fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong... Alex

Comment

thanks for the tip,but......

Mines creaking as of today thanks for the info,but.... the last couple of weeks the back window has been sticking about 3 inches from the top,is it a worn motor,dodgy solenoid or what? any advice happily recieved.

Comment

Originally posted by greenman
                        Mines creaking as of today thanks for the info,but.... the last couple of weeks the back window has been sticking about 3 inches from the top,is it a worn motor,dodgy solenoid or what? any advice happily recieved.
                        May need a good clean and mechanism greasing and window runners cleaning out.

Drop down tail gate, remove centre panel from tail gate, flick across both catches on either side of tail gate. This will enable you to operate the window while the tail gate is open **Warning do not operate the window without supporting it, it will come all the way out and fall out, its quite a weight so make sure its supported all the time**
                        Clean out the window runners and use a silicone spray in them to lubricate them.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Tried greasing the runners last weekend,so now i,ll go for the strip down,thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X