Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! too much smoke!

I need help!

I have had my surf (K Reg 2.4 Diesel) for about eight weeks and for the entire time i've had it it has smoked. It doesn't smoke all the time but on start up in the mornings i tend to get a nice blast of black smoke and when in a high gear at low revs (i.e steep hills) it also tends to blow black smoke.

It may not be connected but the AC on the vehicle is S**T and was apparently serviced the day before I purchased the vehicle.

I love the truck but the smoke is killing me - any help would be very much appreciated

Originally posted by starmancrow
    I need help!

I have had my surf (K Reg 2.4 Diesel) for about eight weeks and for the entire time i've had it it has smoked. It doesn't smoke all the time but on start up in the mornings i tend to get a nice blast of black smoke and when in a high gear at low revs (i.e steep hills) it also tends to blow black smoke.

It may not be connected but the AC on the vehicle is S**T and was apparently serviced the day before I purchased the vehicle.

I love the truck but the smoke is killing me - any help would be very much appreciated
    Before you get to sad, run a bottle of redex through it, and give it a blast up the motorway, then check your glowplugs are OK, check and clean all the intake hoses and emissions vacuum pipes, especially the crankcase breather.

Check/change the air and fuel filters.

Next jobs involve cash and other people, get the injectors cleaned/serviced and test the fuel pump.

Black smoke is normally excessive grubbiness or lack of servicing over time.

A/C shouldn't be related to the smoke, all the motor does is drive the compressor, chances are you got shafted on the servicing.

Good luck.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Working...
      X