yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Car-help Needed With Clutch Problem Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car-help Needed With Clutch Problem Please.

Hi,i have just bought a toyota hilux surf diesel 2.3 ltr.I had it for an unbelievable price and it is immaculate,apart from a problem with the clutch.Its driven ok for 2 days and then today i have been out in it and when i put my foot on the clutch it goes straight to the floor and stays there.I have to put my foot underneath and pull it back up to change gear.The lad that i had it off says that he thinks it is either the clutch cable has stretched or there is no pressure on the pressure plate.It is still driveable but it needs fixing .I just wondered if any one has had a similar problem.Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks Joe.

Hi Joe
    Im fairly new to Surfs myself but to the best of my knoledge, if you have the LN130 surf (Add your trucks details to post, as this helps with diagnosis) so the clutch is hydrolic, therefore no cable, if the pressure plate was no good then the clutch would slip.

There is a spring on the pedal itself which assists the pedal returning back to position, try operating the clutch without the engine running and see if the padal can be lifted by hand and if you lift it half way does it move the rest itself, ie is it the release bearing sticking or the pedal sticking or just not returning.

Sorry its a bit vague but im no expert, but you will find one of those along shortly

Roy
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

I had this problem recently and i ended up replacing both the master and slave cylinders for the hydraulic system. If you don't want to do both of them try checking the slave cylinder first.

You will find this attached to the gearbox casing just behind the front nearside wheel. There is a small rubber cap over the end, check to see if it is full of fluid. If it is this means the seals will have failed and it will need replacing.

Comment

Still having problems.

Hi there,
        Thank you both of you for your replies.I have tried the clutch and the spring seems to be ok.I have also checked the cylinder and there was no oil in the cap when i checked it,although the clutch fluid was low (below the minimum mark.)I filled it up to the right level and took it out for a while and it was ok,went out again later on and when i tried to change into second gear the clutch pedal went straight to the floor again and i had to use my foot to raise it again.I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem.I will check the cap in a few days again though and check to see if i have lost any more fluid tomorrow.
        Thank for your help
        Joe.

Comment

If the clutch fluid has been below its lower limit it could have dragged air into the system, have you bled it through to the slave cylinder, it may be worth bleeding the old fluid out as it is also hydroscopic and absorbs water.

There is a write up on the forum on how to bleed the clutch.
          Roy
          When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

failing this you need to change the slave cylinder it may have flipped a seal its on the side of the gear box!!
            i had a similar prob on my LN130 but it wouldnt stay up unfortunately it was the arm in the bell housing snapped not the nicest job to do !!!!

Comment

Working...
            X