Auto Box doing strange things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Box doing strange things

I own a k reg 2.4td ssrg auto surf. This is my first 4x4 and also my first automatic.

example. I will be approaching a junction/traffic light,I put my foot on the brake. Whilst the car is completely still (and still in drive) it seems to try and jump forwards.

I don't know anything about auto boxes but it feels like its trying to go from neutral to first gear and then back again.the revs seem to pick up at the same time and then drop again to normal tick over..

also my ECU light comes on intermittently,normally goes off when I back off the accelerator and press back on again.

Originally posted by Cheshire cat
    I own a k reg 2.4td ssrg auto surf. This is my first 4x4 and also my first automatic.

example. I will be approaching a junction/traffic light,I put my foot on the brake. Whilst the car is completely still (and still in drive) it seems to try and jump forwards.

I don't know anything about auto boxes but it feels like its trying to go from neutral to first gear and then back again.the revs seem to pick up at the same time and then drop again to normal tick over..

also my ECU light comes on intermittently,normally goes off when I back off the accelerator and press back on again.
    I reckon the revs are not staying constistant, this is whats making the gearbox act up, as it will try to drive as the revs rise, then drop out as they fall again, also the reason for the ECU light. You need to get the fault codes checked out, do a search for engine fault code to see how to read them, and go from there.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X