autobox oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autobox oil

just wondering does anyone know where the filler bung is for the gearoil on an autobox? also how much oil roughly do they take from empty?

hiya Dermot hows it going over there.I hope the parts were all ok for you.
    theres 2 ways of filling the trans box and thats by
    1/ thru the dipstick tube (the one at the back)
    2/ pull the pipes from the cooler at the bottom of the rad and fill a bucket with new fluid and start the engine so it draws the fluid from the bucket.
    there is a write up somewhere explaining exactly what to do but i would just do it via the dipstick tube myself.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Capacity - 6.5 Litres (Dry Fill)
      Capacity - 1.2 Litres (Drain and Refill)

Comment

Double post... opps
        Last edited by Dermot; 24 March 2008, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          hiya Dermot hows it going over there.I hope the parts were all ok for you.
          theres 2 ways of filling the trans box and thats by
          1/ thru the dipstick tube (the one at the back)
          2/ pull the pipes from the cooler at the bottom of the rad and fill a bucket with new fluid and start the engine so it draws the fluid from the bucket.
          there is a write up somewhere explaining exactly what to do but i would just do it via the dipstick tube myself.
          Yeah richard, so far so good, got some hardship getting the new box in (Was doing it on the floor), but got there in the end.. Havent had a chance to drive it yet, but hopefully as soon as i get oil and get it in everything should be alrite.
          I take it i have to fill the transfer box (4WD Box) sepreatly? How much oil do i need for this? And most importantly what grade of oil does it take?
          Thanks in advance!

Comment

You'll get all the servicing info you need in this thread http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

I changed the oil in my auto box yesterday, it took just over 4 litres.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
            X