Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate mechanism got me beat.

Chaps

Not the usual question regarding rear windows so bear with me, replaced the motor etc and goes up un down but seem to have done something wrong as the large handle that realeases the tailgate turns the plate that the rod attaches too but doesnt rotate the plate that the release cables are on, to make matters worse and for no apparent reason the small lock button on the tailgate that you pull up to unlock tailgate is stuck down even with its actuator rod in a free position.

Anyone else had this problem when refitting the mechanism and secondly how do you get the grey trim panel off that the realease handle is in as I have removed all screws that I can see.

Cheers Steve
    Should have bought a 3ltr

PM me if you want my mobile number. I can bring mine round for a "side by side" comparison.
    Am off work sun / mon.
    Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

I will have a look tommorow as I think I have pics I took when I dismantled mine. Only I never re-attatched the little grey button as the lever was seized that it's meant to operate.
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
        I will have a look tommorow as I think I have pics I took when I dismantled mine. Only I never re-attatched the little grey button as the lever was seized that it's meant to operate.
        Cheers that will be good, the mechanism that the rod attaches to moves ok its the actual button itself thats stuck fast and as I cant see an easy way to remove the trim which it is in am a bit stuck.

Thanks Steve

Comment

Give me a bell if you change your mind and want to meet up tomorow Steve!
          Alan
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Sorry, haven't had a chance today, will look tommorow.
            My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Have found the pic.

The only way I could get me tailgate window working in the end was to disconnect the auto-locking system fitted to it. There are two bars I have had to disconnect as shown. One is the manual locking button bar, the other bar is the interlock that stops the door being unlocked before the window is fully down.

I think I also had to disconnect the two micro switches as show. The blue one def has to be disconnected otherwise the window doesn't move. The white one I think is the one for the warning light on the dash to let you know the dooe isn't locked.

Hope this is of some help.

My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Working...
                X