Urgent Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help

Please could anyone tell me what the 4 sensors on the gearbox/transfer are for?

Update - There is only one on the gearbox but there are 2 on mine.

I know know that one is the reverse switch but need to know what the other is and if it is required.

I have a manual for the R151F manual trans but his one only shows 1 on the gearbox not 2????? So now I am even more confused.

Last edited by Bibs; 18 March 2008, 19:14.
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Bump....

Comment

One of the connectors selects 4WD when the H/L lever is moved. If unplugged you dont get 4WD in low unless selected from the button. Hope this helps a bit.
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

There's a manual for that box on the downloads site:

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/vie...hp?dcid=17&p=2

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
          One of the connectors selects 4WD when the H/L lever is moved. If unplugged you dont get 4WD in low unless selected from the button. Hope this helps a bit.

So if drivin in 4wd high an I move it to 4wd drive low - I need to re press the button to re engage 4wd???

Is this right?

So having this sensor is not essential as replacement gearbox doesn't have 2?

I am using my transfer box not the one that came with the gearbox as that had no sensors on it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            There's a manual for that box on the downloads site:

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/vie...hp?dcid=17&p=2
            Hi cheeky......I have that but it doesn't show the ADD which I now think it is. Have found a site that shows how to disconnect it - which apparantly is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
              So if drivin in 4wd high an I move it to 4wd drive low - I need to re press the button to re engage 4wd???

Is this right?

So having this sensor is not essential as replacement gearbox doesn't have 2?

I am using my transfer box not the one that came with the gearbox as that had no sensors on it.
              No.
              If you have pressed the 4WD button in high it will stay selected if you go to Low.
              Usually when you move the selector from high to low it selects 4WD for you. Without this connector you have to select the 4WD yourself. Does mean you can have 2WD in low if you want
              My other cars a QUAD
              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
                No.
                If you have pressed the 4WD button in high it will stay selected if you go to Low.
                Usually when you move the selector from high to low it selects 4WD for you. Without this connector you have to select the 4WD yourself. Does mean you can have 2WD in low if you want
                Oh right cheers - didn't know you could do that so won't miss it. Will I still need to block off the vacuum lines etc?

Just loggin off for a bit - back later - cheers for the help.
                Last edited by Bibs; 18 March 2008, 20:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                  Hi cheeky......I have that but it doesn't show the ADD which I now think it is. Have found a site that shows how to disconnect it - which apparantly is better.
                  If you disconnect the ADD, you'll need manual hubs or the whole front diff will be engaged all the time.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    If you disconnect the ADD, you'll need manual hubs or the whole front diff will be engaged all the time.
                    Oh geat. so it's not an option then?

Comment

Well, it is an option, but you'll need to fit manual hubs too, so the money may work out the same as getting the right transmission in the first place.

Whats wrong with your gearbox??
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

it'd be driveable though wouldn't it? or would the prop not disconnect at the transfer box end still?

..obviously more wear on all the front end components and more drag but least you could drive it for a month or two then fit manual hubs to keep it on the road.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                          Well, it is an option, but you'll need to fit manual hubs too, so the money may work out the same as getting the right transmission in the first place.

Whats wrong with your gearbox??
                          2nd gear synchro an the bellhousing is cracked in 3 places so they won't put it back on.........this just gets worse.

My head is battered at the moment - choices are now have mine re-cond with the bits (hopefully) from the one I bought. Or buy another 2nd hand one, or buy manual hubs......might just flip a coin.

Comment

This gets better - bell housing just fell in half - does anyone have one closer to me (Chester) than Lincoln?????

Koi - I will add the cost of this part wanted to my subs next week - haven't got a paypal account and need this urgently. (Sorry)
                            Last edited by Bibs; 20 March 2008, 16:54.

Comment

If you have the space to keep it, it may be worth getting a breaker/MOT failure and strip off what you need, and part out the rest.
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                              X