Auto gearbox electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto gearbox electrics

Been trying to diagnose a problem with my gearbox. I found this thread on the Australian site http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...gnostics#90020

I started to follow what was suggested in the 10th post. I don't seem to have any voltage at all at the W terminal (it actually doesn't fel like there's any connector in there), is this OK on a 2L-TE or have I possibly found my problem? Is there any other way to check the TPS voltages?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Bump!

Anyone?

Comment

What's the problem you're having?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        What's the problem you're having?
        Everyone is ignoring him!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Everyone is ignoring him!

Comment

Apart from everyone ignoring me!

The box suddenly started acting wierd, it seems to shift but doesn't drop revs like she used to, it's almost like a slipping clutch on a manual; or like it's always kicking down or the ECT button is pressed.

The kickdown cable is adjusted OK, the oil level is fine and the oil doesn't appear to be burnt or smelly and the ECT button is unplugged.

As I said before, I've been trying to diagnose the problem using the stuff in this link http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...gnostics#90020

I went through what was suggested in the 10th post, but I don't seem to have any voltage at all at the W terminal.

I'm now pretty much at a loss as to what to try next. Been thinking about looking at body/chassis/engine and gearbox earths.

Comment

First thing I'd do is replace the fluid if it's more than a year or two old. At least you know you're starting with an actual problem then, and not just phaffing around due to iffy fluid. If it's still doing it then, I'd check the connections to the gearbox sensors on the gearbox itself. There are two or three on there, if I remember correctly. Could just be a corroded/damaged wire.

Comment

Maybe best to do the fluid and filter like you say I'll get it done ASAP and eport back.

Comment

Just looking at that thread you linked, the other chap mentioned, quote:

Although the pinouts are not identical to my '92 2L-TE

end quote.

So that missing voltage may not actually be a problem, but rather just a pinout difference. Might be worthwhile grabbing this from the downloads site if you haven't done so already: Automatic Gearbox Principles (Just enter that in the search box).

Comment

Cheers Matt, I'll have a look.

Comment

Working...
                    X