EGR fault (TECHNICAL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
    Bend and cable tie or block the hose with a ball bearing or something similar and reconnect. It's all the same thing just different ways to do it.

Nev
    why not just leave it hanging there, just trying to figure out the significance of tieing it as oposed to leaving it open.
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
      why not just leave it hanging there, just trying to figure out the significance of tieing it as oposed to leaving it open.
      If you leave it hang without blocking either way you risk water dirt etc entering the vacuum hoses and in the worst case, this ending up in the vacuum pump. It'll act like a little vacuum cleaner or Hoover I think is the name used over there.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
        If you leave it hang without blocking either way you risk water dirt etc entering the vacuum hoses and in the worst case, this ending up in the vacuum pump. It'll act like a little vacuum cleaner or Hoover I think is the name used over there.

Nev
        Great, I have an answer, every little bit of knowledge helps.Thanks, will now bend and cable tie...But am i going to see ant diff. I think the blanking off method is a bit beyond me so is this as effective.. providing the EGR isnt stuck open...How do you tell if it is ??
        nigel
        Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Working...
        X