Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil cooler

Hi folks

At the risk of sounding really stupid I need some help again. I'm currently trying to replace the oil cooler gasket but have hit a few snags. First what is the best way of draining the coolant? Second is a bit more worrying. There is a metal wishbone (possibly a brace) where the oil cooler is, this doesnt have an bolts in either arm, does anyone know what this is for and if it should be bolted somewhere.
    I'm a bit of a novice with engines so if anyones got some advice on doing this i'd appreciate it.

Coolant drain plug shown in diagram below. The brace you mention sounds like the one for the turbo. It supports the turbo and is bolted, I think, to oil cooler housing and into the block. There is a bolt under the oil filter spigot so make sure you remove the spigot and this bolt before attempting to remove the cooler.

Nev
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks mate, will make sure it's bolted on when i'm finished.

The head gasket was done last year for the previous owner so assume it wasnt put back on properly then. Just hope it hasnt caused any damage.

Dont suppose you have any diagrams of the oil cooler assembly? I assume the gasket is a toyota dealer part only.

That plug looks like its gonna be seriously awkward, better than trying to get up past the aircon rad tho.

Comment

15785-54010 for the small cooler to housing gaskets and 15692-54050 for the housing to block gasket.

Nev
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Nev

Now to see if I can turn the theory into reality, probably be back on tonight asking how to fix the mess I've made!

Comment

Working...
          X