Rear Wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wiper

My rear wiper doesn't seem to work, it sounds as if the motor is loose (if possible) as the wiper tries to work but there's a clicking/knocking sound when it runs, also if I move the wiper manually there seems to be something moving inside the plastic.

ALso where is the best place to get number plates as I've been refused by a couple of companies.

TIA
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

No Plates

Hi, You need aletter from god now to buy number plates, only joking most places now require you to fill a form in and have your "LOG BOOK" and Driving Licence before they will make you one up.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

standard old type licence wont do in some places as they want your picture take your passport + utility bill HALFRAUDS wouldnt do mine unless they had photo id my co id wasnt acceptable either
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Why not pull off the panel on the inside where the wiper mechanism is and have a look. I dont remember any probs when I took mine off, cant remember is it just a case of pulling or unscrewing?? Either way, 5 mins and your in, maybe put in a working bulb into the rear interior light while your at it...

Comment

Ok, took advice.

Opened my Toyota supplied tool roll, and removed the screwdriver, slipped it behind the plastic and applied a little pressure. It all popped off nicely. I noticed the problem, the arm had come off, a little gentle persuasion and on it went, tested - nothing, not a sodding thing. Then realised that I'd have to put the window up, tested again, works like a dream, thanks for your help.
          There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

"Aso where is the best place to get number plates as I've been refused by a couple of companies."

Not sure what you mean by this. If it's that they wont do the plates coz you dont have the required documents then it's already been answered but if it's because you want a rear plate with a non-standard size and lettering the Surf is on the DVLA exemptions list and you are allowed to use a rear plate with motorcycle sized characters. Some number plate makers are frightened of producing non-standard plates because in theory they are legally responsible for any plates they produce....it's all bulll**** anyway as I must have had 50 plates made in the last year and no one has ever asked me for anything except money

Comment

It's cause the rear plate was the wrong size and they were afraid that they'd get fined if I was caught by the police

Comment

You can get plates made up from these people,and they do mail order so no ID is req.

http://www.importedvehicles.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X