Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Injector

Hello the more learned,

Anybody know what part of the injector this is. I'm taking mine out to have them reconditioned. I took the very top nut off (pipe one), then the thin brown one underneath, then loosened the pipe holders to get them moved out of the way, and then I undid the next bolt which is this. When it popped out the parts went in all directions so am not sure which order they go back in. Is this the injector or is the next bigger nut (21mm?) the one???? And what is each nut called?

injector

Jim, you have removed only the top half of the injector, use a 22mm socket to take out the rest, don't worry about putting it back together as your Diesel man will do it.
    Cheers Steve.

Comment

Lovely stuff Stevo thanks

Comment

This is a blowup of a whole injector with the whatdoyacallit 2nd from the left at the bottom. The spraying end is pure black caked. I wonder what the whatdoyacallit is called and how much they are new, they're fairly small buggers.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
          This is a blowup of a whole injector with the whatdoyacallit 2nd from the left at the bottom. The spraying end is pure black caked. I wonder what the whatdoyacallit is called and how much they are new, they're fairly small buggers.
          I think this part is the nozzle.Make sure you don't drop them or they will be damaged beyond repair.If you are lucky they may just need cleaning.

Neville

Comment

The code on the nozzle is NK ND DNOPD58 wonder where you get them?

Comment

Jim,

If they are beyond repair, I have some old ones which may be repairable - as I haven't dropped, mashed or mangled them....

They're from a '93 2.4 efi..... if they're any use let me know.
              [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Roughtrax sell new ones

If you are after replacement injectors, try Roughtrax. They sell new ones, and I seem to recall that they are around £28 each?

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

Thanks Jim for the offer, I presume though that mine are still ok just need cleaning. That said if the price was ok compared to cleaning then I'd get new ones, very tempting for this smokey surf.

Thanks for the info Wibbly.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                    Thanks Jim for the offer, I presume though that mine are still ok just need cleaning. That said if the price was ok compared to cleaning then I'd get new ones, very tempting for this smokey surf.

Thanks for the info Wibbly.
                    Jim, i dont think cleaning will make much difference, if they are worn they need reconditioning
                    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                    [size=5][/size]
                    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                      Jim, i dont think cleaning will make much difference, if they are worn they need reconditioning
                      Oops thats err what I err meant Ian, as I said I know SFA but one day I'll know it all and then I'll make milllions ...

*edit* in fact I dont think I ever said 'I know SFA' must be loosing it again

Comment

Working...
                      X