Replacing harmonic balancer/crank pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing harmonic balancer/crank pulley

Just replaced crank pulley ($168nzd from ToyotaNZ), fairly easy job, about two hours. Removing the rad did make a difference, a bit more room to get at the pulley. Was gonna try the ignition trick to loosen the bolt but i gave it one more brute strength try with a longer bar and managed to get it loose.
    I must say a big thanks to this site and all contributors for all the wisdom recieved, its been a huge help.
    I just need to know do i need keep an eye on it as it gets "run in" or will be fine as long as it was torqued up properly?
    Im assuming it will be ok but I dont want it to come while driving.

Originally posted by kiwibro View Post
    Just replaced crank pulley ($168nzd from ToyotaNZ), fairly easy job, about two hours. Removing the rad did make a difference, a bit more room to get at the pulley. Was gonna try the ignition trick to loosen the bolt but i gave it one more brute strength try with a longer bar and managed to get it loose.
    I must say a big thanks to this site and all contributors for all the wisdom recieved, its been a huge help.
    I just need to know do i need keep an eye on it as it gets "run in" or will be fine as long as it was torqued up properly?
    Im assuming it will be ok but I dont want it to come while driving.
    that could be quite messy!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

You could have done it without removing the rad
      But you've done it now and all's well.

Comment

Working...
      X