More Overheating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Overheating...

Sorry to start another post about overheating...

I had the head replaced about 2 months ago, since then the car has run ok but belches out white smoke when starting from cold (starts easily though). The smoke stops as soon as the revs are above 1000-1500 rpm and doesn't come back if you let the revs back down. The plugs are ok, there was a bit of dodgy wiring preventing them from getting full current but fixing that hasn't stopped the problem. Could this be the 80amp fuse?

Since the head was changed I've been paranoid about overheating but I think the engine is running hot - doesn't show up on the temperature guage though.
    I only drive it for about 25mins to work so doesn't get too hot however it sounds as though water is boiling within the engine when I stop. There is plenty of pressure in the hose from the thermostat to the rad so I think that's ok and the level in the expansion tank changes between hot/cold/hot so I figure the rad cap is ok.
    There is slight chirping that sounds like a slipping belt but the belts are all tight - could this be the viscous fan (appears to be turning ok) and would that cause the heat?
    Also it's not losing any coolant on the 25min run but did lose some when I drove it for a couple of hours at the weekend.

Any advice would be helpful!!

The sound could be the crankshaft pulley. They debond and wiggle around. If they slip, it could affect your water pump and that would cause overheating.

It happened to me.....

Comment

Working...
    X