cylinder head problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder head problems

does the problem of cracked heads apply to the efi engined models as i have this on my 2.4. i have no problems at the moment but i wondered if i need to look out for this on my surf. :

Originally posted by dennisandjane
    does the problem of cracked heads apply to the efi engined models as i have this on my 2.4. i have no problems at the moment but i wondered if i need to look out for this on my surf. :
    Yes it does, but it doesn't mean you will have problems, as lots of 2.4's DON'T suffer from cracked heads. See the poll in Tech General. My advice to you would be make sure your radiator and viscous fan are working properly.
    Pete

Comment

Yep it'll find you before you find it just like any motor in the end. Enjoy the wait though it could be a long one

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
        Yes it does, but it doesn't mean you will have problems, as lots of 2.4's DON'T suffer from cracked heads. See the poll in Tech General. My advice to you would be make sure your radiator and viscous fan are working properly.
        Pete
        thanks for the reply i will hope for the best dennis

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
          Yep it'll find you before you find it just like any motor in the end. Enjoy the wait though it could be a long one

thanks for the reply the longer the better eh

Comment

thanks for the reply the longer the better eh
            ive had my 2.4 1993 for 12 months now & no problems so far
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X