Temp guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp guage

Hi, My temp gauge isnt working and i suspect the sender has gone. Is there anyway to test it to make sure thats what the problem is before buying a new one. Its the one withe long barrel and not the spade connector.

Originally posted by G@ZZ@ View Post
    Hi, My temp gauge isnt working and i suspect the sender has gone. Is there anyway to test it to make sure thats what the problem is before buying a new one. Its the one withe long barrel and not the spade connector.
    You'd be far better getting an after market temp gauge as the ones fitted as stock are horrendoesly inaccurate and only kick in once head has cracked, in front of the thermostat housing is a bolt blanking a hole, i put my sender in there to a new temp gauge, far more accuracy and peace of mind.

And hello from across the bridge
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Re Temp Gauge

As noted the original temp gauge has a wide dead band, basically so that it always shows "good" even when it's bad! There is quite a simple mod for it which transforms it into a proper instrument. Search on here for the details. it does mean taking the dash apart but that isn't as daunting as it sounds and you can disconnect the 100 kph bell at the same time.

Gordon
      2nd gen Ltd

Comment

Working...
      X