fuse keeps blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuse keeps blowing

could any one tell me if a heater plug goes does it or can it make the 80 amp fuse blow, or could it be the relay some how. i have checked the wires on to the inlet manifold and they seem good....help any one....ronnie

Originally posted by ronnie
    could any one tell me if a heater plug goes does it or can it make the 80 amp fuse blow, or could it be the relay some how. i have checked the wires on to the inlet manifold and they seem good....help any one....ronnie
    it will not blow the fuse if a glow plug goes, if your wires are wrong on the inlet manifold it will short the fuse and blow it
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      it will not blow the fuse if a glow plug goes, if your wires are wrong on the inlet manifold it will short the fuse and blow it
      the wires on the manifold can fit just one way and every think seems to fit right....help.....ronnie

Comment

the wires on the manifold can fit just one way and every think seems to fit right....help.....ronnie

Has the assembly buzz bar been taken apart recently???????????
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          Has the assembly buzz bar been taken apart recently???????????
          just put a new head on it and it is running sweet except for this fuse problem,checked the wires 3 times on manifold and seem impossibles to get them wrong....help..... ronnie

Comment

fuse

Double check the buzz bar connections where you are putting the main feed on to there some plastic insulators if you have them wrong you will blow the fuse. lts very easy to get it wrong l have 3 times now.
            Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
              it even blew the fuse with the wires of the bottem of the manifold, with them not touching anythink....help some one.....ronnie

Comment

it even blew the fuse with the wires of the bottem of the manifold, with them not touching anythink....help some one.....ronnie
                If you are 100% sure the washer assembly on the buzz bar is correct and it blows fuses with the wires disconnected from the buzz bar then it can only be one of the wires has got trapped/pinched in the head replacement and is shorting out as soon as you turn the ignition on.
                Trace the wiring to see where it is trapped.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                  Double check the buzz bar connections where you are putting the main feed on to there some plastic insulators if you have them wrong you will blow the fuse. lts very easy to get it wrong l have 3 times now.
                  could ya show me how ya can get them wrong please.....ronnie.....

Comment

Ronnie,

There are two spacers (blue & black?) and two connections - (power and glow plugs)
                    Both of the connections MUST be isolated from the stud on the engine, via the plastic spacers. The black one fits OVER the blue one - the blue has a raised 'post' for the connections to sit on, thus sandwiching them between black & blue plastic bits.

So the final order is (from the bottom up) :

Blue spacer
                    Wiring connections
                    Black spacer
                    Washer
                    Nut.

See...typed in glorious technicolour !!!!!!
                    [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Working...
                    X