Getting worried, Head Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting worried, Head Again?

brought a 2.4 surf about 6 months ago and needed new head (probably why it was only £100) new head was fitted and ive only done about 400 miles and its chucking out a bit of steam because i can hear it bubbling in the header tank when i stop. But its only steam and its not loosing any water any ideas? cheers matt

If it has a new rad cap and thermostat AND the rad is clear(if you have been in the mud the rad can clog up).
    i would try burping the system suspecting a airlock ......may be caused if you have a rear heater

One question when you did the head , did you do the water pump

The only real way to disprove the head is to get the coolant checked for exhaust gases
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

New stat yes but took it out as worried about heat, No new rad cap an no new water punp but did check pump and looked ok, Burping system? not sure how you do that one??? plus i havent got the correct temp sensor so i only get a rough reading on temp because i cant find correct one! cheers matt

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy-Smurf
        New stat yes but took it out as worried about heat, No new rad cap an no new water punp but did check pump and looked ok, Burping system? not sure how you do that one??? plus i havent got the correct temp sensor so i only get a rough reading on temp because i cant find correct one! cheers matt
        First thing to do is replace the stat, i didn't believe MattF's BS about it running hotter without a stat or whatever he said, but he persuaded me to put a stat back in and it seems it wasn't BS afterall.

I'm a convert.
        Stick a stat back in. It will help it not hinder it.
        Last edited by nero279; 9 January 2008, 18:29.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Exactly, they're there for a reason you know. Mine was removed when i bought it and 2 weeks later, new head. All removing it does is delay the inevitable for a week or two.
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

And did they knacker the crankshaft pulley whilst changing the head? That could affect the water pump.

I like "it's only steam and it's not losing water" . It must be . Are you checking the water level under the rad cap or just in the expansion tank?

Comment

new rad cap fitted stat back in. need to find proper temp sensor now any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X