Rear elec. window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear elec. window?

Its one thing after another!.My rear window is getting stuck on the way up? if i give it a little encoragement it goes up with the key. But by the switch inside it is no use! it works but just dosent seem to have the balls to move it?? have cleaned, oil and checked all the seems round the glass but stiil no use :c ! am i gonna need a new motor??? if so does anyone know if i can get one for under £120 ??? or has anyone had this problem and sorted it ???
    any response (as usual) is gratefully received!
    Ta J.

Originally posted by loonyjj
    Its one thing after another!.My rear window is getting stuck on the way up? if i give it a little encoragement it goes up with the key. But by the switch inside it is no use! it works but just dosent seem to have the balls to move it?? have cleaned, oil and checked all the seems round the glass but stiil no use :c ! am i gonna need a new motor??? if so does anyone know if i can get one for under £120 ??? or has anyone had this problem and sorted it ???
    any response (as usual) is gratefully received!
    Ta J.

Any Toyota car from a similar year with electric windows uses the same motor, plenty in the breakers.

Have you tried the window by hand? it may be getting stuck somewhere, some window tint films are sticky on the weatherstrips.

Have you cleaned the two window slides inside the tailgate, where the edge of thewindow slides, these get grubby easily.

Plenty of info here on the forum, its the most asked question next to the steering stop noise.....http://yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/search.php?searchid=30846
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Any Toyota car from a similar year with electric windows uses the same motor, plenty in the breakers
      Doesnt it look like they shouldnt have been using a motor that was designed to lift and lower door windows seen as they are much lighter.

Also it seems like you get the result you want if you put a working motor in OR if you do a job on the relays. Just imagine if you did both...
      Last edited by JimL; 10 March 2004, 18:45.

Comment

Working...
      X