Need Advice:Duel mass flywheel rattle and Screeching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice:Duel mass flywheel rattle and Screeching

I posted a few weeks ago about the rattle every so often. Well today it went mad. I bombed through a river a few times and when I put it in 4wd to get out the rattle really got bad and then it stopped when I got going again.
    Then a loud screeching started and it was in sync with the reeves of the engine( the higher I rev the louder the screeching) So I went to the pub and when I came out the screeching stopped after about a half a mile and the rattle is back to normal(every so often but normally when I hit 3000 rpm or so)
    Did I throw up a bunch of the bits that rattle in the duel mass flywheel into the flywheel when I hit the river and maybe a bit got jammed in it as it spines around and this caused the screeching. It sounds feasible to me but what would a mechanic say to this?
    Where is the duel mass flywheel?and how do I fix the prob, Is it the same work as replacing the clutch? Links to this repair would be fantastic. Thanks. Colm
    Last edited by irishoffroad; 7 January 2008, 11:01.

Is the screeching not just the water making your belts slip?
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger
      Is the screeching not just the water making your belts slip?
      No it was coming from the engine somewhere not the belts, everything in the engine bay was dry. Its hard to pinpoint. I should say that I drove 20 miles after the screeching stopped and it didn't start again.(no beer in the pub just food
      Last edited by irishoffroad; 6 January 2008, 22:01.

Comment

Noisy dual mass wheel

had intermittently same noise for two mnts. Finally last weekend it packed up. Now,1600 CAD$ later,fitted with new clutch and flywheel it rides like new

Comment

Itts getting worse so no more driving. Its in the post from roughtrax.

Comment

i found milners 4x4 were cheapest for the conversion! try them mine let go on monday!
            [url]www.higgsengineering.co.uk/carbonfibre.htm[/url]

Comment

Working...
            X