How long to change a clutch & flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to change a clutch & flywheel

Planning to replace my flywheel and clutch this weekend on a SSR-G 2.4 TD manual, i have all the gear including air tools etc and there will be two of us, both reasonably mechanically skilled, so could this be acheivable in 3 hours if all goes acording to plan, the main reason im asking is i have to work on my drive and the wheather is unpredictable to say the least.

Any tips also welcome
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

no problem unless it all goes tits up I would allow a bit longer
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

I surpose once the gearbox and transfer box are out i aught to change the oil, is there anything else i should be doing once things are stripped down.

Replaced the shock absorbers, exhaust and re fitted the rear sway bar yesterday, sway bar hadn't been fitted with two bolts on the right hand side mounting or one had worked loose and fell out , doesn't half make a diference to the handeling when you only had one working shock absorber and no sway bar on the back
      Roy

Comment

Do the rear main seal.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for the advise but would that seal be the Transfer box to propshaft or the back crankshaft seal ?

Once the gear and transfer box are out i intend to flush them out and replace the oil, i think ill do the rear diff as well, what would be the best thing to flush them out with ? my last diff i used a industrial solvent cleaner but this is in a spray can and not rearly suited to a grearbox.
          Roy

Comment

Rear Main is rear crank seal. I would not flush a gearbox, transfer case or diff at all, but if needed, then the best thing is the correct oil in my opinion. Just change the oil.

Nev

Comment

have you / are you going to balance the new flywheel with the new clutch?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                Hmm i was under the impression that the flywheel would be balanced from the manufacturer
                Roy

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                  You don't normally need to, I doubt you'd notice even if it wasn't on a small diesel motor unless it was quite badly out.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X