Oil consumption- 1 litre per 2000Km!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil consumption- 1 litre per 2000Km!

Hello people, I havent posted for a while. I am getting more and more concerned about my Surf because she is drinking an awful lot of oil, she smokes a LOT when I put my foot down, uses a lot of fuel and wont start easily in the morning.

I've checked my glw plugs and they seem to be working fine.

The oil isn't leaking out, I think is all going up and out through the rocker cover breather and then through the turbo, all of the intake pipes are oily and if I take off the breather pipe whilst it is running there is enough pressure coming out to pump up my tyres!!

I think it might be rings, N E 1 no any different?

Connect the breather hose to the dipstick tube, job done!

Check you haven't got any other crankcase breathers that are blocked, could also be the valve seals, with is usually a much easier job than the rings!

But generally, its bad news.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Griff
      Hello people, I havent posted for a while. I am getting more and more concerned about my Surf because she is drinking an awful lot of oil, she smokes a LOT when I put my foot down, uses a lot of fuel and wont start easily in the morning.

I've checked my glw plugs and they seem to be working fine.

The oil isn't leaking out, I think is all going up and out through the rocker cover breather and then through the turbo, all of the intake pipes are oily and if I take off the breather pipe whilst it is running there is enough pressure coming out to pump up my tyres!!

I think it might be rings, N E 1 no any different?
      Sounds like your right from the symtoms, you need to the cylinders pressure tested but it may be worth checking the valve clearances first to get an accurate reading.
      ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

i had the same symptoms loss of oil and smoking on exceleration a bluey grey smoke not black. it turned out to be the turbo seals replaced the turbo recon from turbo technics. and it solved the problem not saying this is your prob but worth a look
        Colin

Comment

Working...
        X