Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to look for.......

hi all,

i am looking to buy my first surf. it is a 2.4 diesel, SSR-G 5 door, it is a 92 model, imported in 2002. it has been rigged for recovery. i.e it has towbar, winch, yellow flash beacons, and more xtras than i could care to list. it has also been given the hard back roof.
    What should i look for on it. what are common weaknesses on them, and which areas are prone to rust and expensive to replace.
    He wants £3000 for it is that fair.
    many thanks
    edd

See here: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25651

Comment

Too expensive, maybe with that gear £2250
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

If it's the one on ebay it's been relisted a couple of times so it sounds a bit expensive
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

thanks

thanks guys for your comments so far, i have looked through the link you gave me but can't find any weaknesses. am i to beleve that these cars are indestructable and do not rust or develop any annoying faults.

cheers from
          edd

Comment

look up top gear hilux on youtube and you can see that they really are indestructible!

they have the same problems as most cars as in if they are not looked after properly at 16 years old they do show signs of wear so be prepared to replace some bits if its not already been done. if it has been looked after theres no reason they wont go on and on.

You will wanna know that the head is sound and not cracked and if it has been replace or needs to be then you wanna make sure its with a stevo head as they are the muts nuts.

remember that underneath all they extras your paying for a 16 year old car and the price should reflect that. its only worth what someone is willing to pay!!

you wont regret getting one although you might regret not getting a 3.0 instead of the 2.4 for the extra poke and same mpg. you can always kit it p yourself and have it just as you like it!
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
            X