fog light button ? ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog light button ? ? ?

there's a button next to the rear window up/down marked with what i would call the standard FOG light symbol ! ! ! though it appears to do nothing and i have what seems to be a mod of sorts for a fog light hanging beneath the rear bumper which has its own (obviously) after market glow in the dark swith (GAY)

can anyone shed some light on this one
    (pun not intened.....lol)
    richard
    " loving my surf "

a fog light would have been required to pass the SVA...
    so the switch in the centre console is probably exactly that...

If you have some cabling hanging off the bumper... maybe previous owner knocked the fog light off... and couldn't be bothered to fix it.
    Might be worth chasing the wires to see if they'll liven up with the switch is engaged.... just a question of knocking together a fog light then...

Keep breaking mine... and finalyy decided to fix it... and pulled together a full light from my box of broken bits... I knew there was a reason for keeping them...

Comment

Is it the rear fog or front fog symbol?

If it's the front fog one it may be that there were front spot/foglights on it in japan, but they were removed before shipping as often happens, sometimes they are put inside he vehicle when it's shipped but never get refitted over here.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

ok ......thank you for sharing this advice !!! it appears its a front fogs as the symbol faces left ! ! !

any idea where tha forward cables may be lurking or what colour they should be !!!!!
        nice one man
        fatboy
        loving my surf
        " loving my surf "

Comment

not sure if the direction matters, i think it's the angle of the lines that differentiates between the two, rear fog should be horizontal lines, front should be angled, shoulda said that last night.

No idea on the wire colours though, firsstly i'd lift the centre console as it's only 6 screws, two at the front on the sides, two at the split on the sides, and two in the cubby box in the armrest pointing down. And check the switch is actually conected. See if it looks like it goes into a factory loom or if the wirring looks like it's been added, if it's the 2nd it should be fairly easy to trace. Or look around for some wiring hidden behind the front bumper or front grill that's not connected.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Spot Lights

Hi if you look between the FUSE box and the battery "DRIVERS SIDE" you will find a white plastic PLUG, this the feed from the switch in the car just connect a test light to it first and everything should be OK.
            Live Life To The Full

Comment

i have actually been wondering about the fog lights on the surf

is there actually a switch or button anywhere that is for a rear fog light, i know there is no fog light anywhere on the back of the surf as ive looked, but do i need to fit a switch and wires etc for a fog light or is there a button already there somewhere,
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Front Fog Light switch

Hi some Surfs were fitted with switches and some were not but the wiring it there just under the centre console, but no wiring was fitted for a REAR FOG.
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Hi if you look between the FUSE box and the battery "DRIVERS SIDE" you will find a white plastic PLUG, this the feed from the switch in the car just connect a test light to it first and everything should be OK.
                  nice one HILUX i,ll go check for that later ! ! !
                  no chance you got a pic of said WHITE PLASTIC PLUG ? on the off chance !

any how i shall have to check again now to see if its front or rear !
                  if i get my way ITS GONNA be a front spot light swith lol !

thanx for ya help
                  fatboy33
                  " loving my surf "

Comment

well done nero ! the beam is directed down ! so upon further inspection around the front grill i FOUND the wires from the front FOGS ! ! ! nice one dude ! just gotta get some bull bars aand a set of spots ! ! ! #

fatboy33
                    " loving my surf "

Comment

Like these you mean?????????

Any clues as to where-abouts you found the wires, i have to wire these up over the hols, and i have the same switch you mention!?
                      Cheers
                      Alan
                      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

A-bar

Hi l have 2 sets of the above 1 with spots 1 with out but it getting them to devon.

Sorry cant put any pic,s on have move my office upstairs and have not set up the computer as it was before.
                        Live Life To The Full

Comment

shame ! thats just the job !
                          the wire's were in a black plastic tube tucked up behind the bumper near the front light on the drivers side !

fatboy33
                          " loving my surf "

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy33
                            shame ! thats just the job !
                            the wire's were in a black plastic tube tucked up behind the bumper near the front light on the drivers side !

fatboy33
                            Thanks for that! will look later!
                            Alan
                            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X